02 Jul Terrorism (Prevention) (Amendment) Act, 2013
About the law
This law amends the Terrorism (Prevention) Act 2011 makes a provision for extra-territorial application of the Act and strengthens terrorist financing offences.
- Makes the office of the National Security Adviser the national coordinating body for all security and enforcement agencies under this Act
- Makes the Attorney General of the Federation the authority for the implementation and administration of the Act
- Gives law enforcement agencies the responsibility for gathering intelligence and investigation of offences under the Act
- Provides the powers for the law enforcement agencies to effectively carry out their intelligence gathering and investigation functions
- Provides a special class of offences against internationally protected persons
- Detention for a renewable period of 90 days (upon an exparte court order) of individuals being investigated for suspected terrorist activity.
- Protection of informants and witnesses
You may read the full provisions of the law here – Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2013
Thank you for reading this post, if you have found it useful please share with your network using one of the share buttons below. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please send us an email at [email protected]
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. This answer is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer. If you would like to find out more about a consultation, you can use the free tool below.
How much will my Legal Consultation cost?
Estimate the cost of receiving a consultation with the lawyers in our network
Thanks, we will contact you soon
Please enter your first name
Please enter your email address
Profile of Lawyer
How many years of experience do you want in your lawyer?
Type of Consultation
How would you prefer the consultation to be given?