About the law
This law amends the Terrorism (Prevention) Act 2011 makes a provision for extra-territorial application of the Act and strengthens terrorist financing offences.
- Makes the office of the National Security Adviser the national coordinating body for all security and enforcement agencies under this Act
- Makes the Attorney General of the Federation the authority for the implementation and administration of the Act
- Gives law enforcement agencies the responsibility for gathering intelligence and investigation of offences under the Act
- Provides the powers for the law enforcement agencies to effectively carry out their intelligence gathering and investigation functions
- Provides a special class of offences against internationally protected persons
- Detention for a renewable period of 90 days (upon an exparte court order) of individuals being investigated for suspected terrorist activity.
- Protection of informants and witnesses
You may read the full provisions of the law here – Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2013
Thank you for reading this article, we hope you have found it useful. If you have please share with your network using one of the share buttons below.
DO YOU NEED A LAWYER?Request a Legal Assessment
DO YOU NEED FREE LEGAL SUPPORT ?
This is for people who are unable to afford a lawyerGet Free Legal Support
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. This answer is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.