Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. USING THE WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
1. You may access most areas of the Website without providing us with details about yourself. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you provide us certain details
2. Use of the Website is free of charge and any legal questions submitted via the Website if answered on the website will be answered free of charge.
3. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the Website immediately.
4. LawPadi may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
5. If you submit a question to us via the Website we reserve the right not to answer your question.
6. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by LawPadi or its owners.
7. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
9. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material: –
a. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
b. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
c. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
10. You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
11. Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. Lawpadi therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
12. If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
a. you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the LawPadi logo or any other logos that may appear;
b. you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
c. you do not in any way imply that Lawpadi, its owners or its affiliates are endorsing any products or services other than their own;
d. you do not misrepresent your relationship with Lawpadi nor present any other false information about Lawpadi, its owners, or its affiliates.
e. you do not otherwise use any trade marks displayed on the Website without express written permission from Lawpadi
f. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
g. your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
13. Lawpadi and its owners expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in clause 18 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
14. You shall fully indemnify Lawpadi and its owners for any loss or damage suffered by Lawpadi and its owners, or any of its group of companies, for breach of clause 15
15. While Lawpadi endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, neither Lawpadi nor its owners warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. Lawpadi may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and Lawpadi makes no commitment to update such material.
16. The material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Lawpadi provides you with the Website on the basis that Lawpadi and its owners exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
17. Lawpadi, its owners, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any other trading names, members, employees, consultants or agents of any of the aforementioned, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website (including for the avoidance of doubt any answers received to questions submitted via the Website), any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
18. Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit Lawpadi’s liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by negligence
b. fraud; or
c. any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
19. Lawpadi is not a law firm, is not regulated by the NBA and its services are not the services of practising lawyers. Information posted or made available on or through the Website, including without limitation any responses to questions submitted via the Website or any other medium to Lawpadi, information provided in any legal guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively “Legal Information”) is not intended as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any lawyer. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Website are not subject to lawyer-client privilege.
20. This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Nigerian law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.