Answered Closed

If I’m into provision of chicken and other food item for sale, am I also exempted from paying VAT

If my business is yet to be registered, must I register it before doing TIN or I have to do tin first?

Best Answer


Thank you for contacting us.

Basic food items are exempt from the application of VAT in Nigeria. Also please note that if the revenue of your business is below N25m annually, you are exempt from filing VAT returns.

You must first register a business with the CAC before you are able to apply for/be allocated a TIN.

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!