Answered Closed

I paid rent for a 3 bedroom apartment in Anthony on the first of June 2020. The area is currently not habitable as Street floods not allowing me gain access to the residence via a car or by feet.

I have asked the landlord for a refund but he gave a vague response.

What do I do?

Best Answer


Thank you for contacting us.

If you are unable to access the property and the circumstances are based on information which you were not aware of at the time you moved in, and which the landlord was aware of, and further based on circumstances which are within the control of the landlord to remedy the situation – then you can insist that the landlord takes action, and if he does not you may speak to a lawyer for advise on whether based on your tenancy agreement, this constitutes grounds for you to end the tenancy and demand a refund of your rent.

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!