Answered Closed


My wife and I paid for a 3 bedroom flat sometimes January, the property lawyer said we would only be able to take possession by February ending or March.

February came no job was done on the property, after complaining bitterly February ending he promised March with 1st to 31st.

As I type my wife & I are yet to take possession, I called the property lawyer and he was rude and start giving another stories and suddenly the apartment we paid for is now going for a 100k higher which was not disclosed.

Can we get a full refund since we can’t take possession since January we made payment?.

Note property is a new block of flats. Kindly advise on next action to take.


Best Answer


Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately there is only limited information that we can provide about what steps we can take as we have not seen any agreement you would have signed with the agent/landlord on the property. However from a broad legal perspective, you should be able to demand a refund of your payment if the original agreement on the basis of the delay and on the basis of this additional 100,000 which you have been asked to pay.

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer.

We suggest that you consider speaking to a lawyer for specific advice on what steps you should take by choosing one of the premium or professional packages –

This is because a lawyer needs to review whatever agreement you have and also whatever communication you have had with the landlord/agent and their lawyer.

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!