Answered Closed


I am a UK citizen working for a Nigerian company. I have not been paid for the work I carried out. Is there anything I can do to get my pay

Best Answer


Thank you for your message.

Under Nigerian law you are entitled to full payment of contracted wages once there has been performance on your end and you have not been suspended or terminated. To enforce your right you will have to file a case at the National Industrial Court. If your employment agreement has an Alternative dispute resolution clause, you may first take the matter to mediation or arbitration before going to the courts.

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer. If you need assistance in contacting a lawyer, you may email us at [email protected] and we would be glad to match you with a lawyer who meets your requirements.

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!