Answered Closed

My wife deserted home over 4years now,and I don’t want to continued with the marriage. I was issued only church certificate without registry. Can I go and marry another person

Best Answer

Good morning,

Thank you for your query.

You have stated that you got married in church – please note that most churches can conduct legal ceremonies like the registry so you first need to confirm if your church is a licensed centre of worship to conduct weddings. If it is, then your marriage is a statutory marriage and you can only get married to someone else after you have divorced your current wife.

Please note that if your wife deserted you for 4 years you are eligible to file for divorce on that basis.

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!