Answered Closed

I have been married to my husband since September 2013 and we have an adorable daughter the same year but ever since then my husband seldomly have sex with me,at times once in 4month and I have caught him on different cases of adultery .Both families have intervened severally so I could have another child but all effort was to no avail .he has physically and verbally abused me on several occasions when I confronted him about his late night crawling and excess consumption of alcohol. In 2016,I took his case to the department handling domestic violence at Ministry of women affairs, Lagos state Secretariat and he signed undertaken to change but he is only getting worse.I am diabetic and my health is deteriorating by the day.please I need help on how to file for divorse and right steps to take because due to my health status I am incapacitated and not so financially buoyant.Thanks

Best Answer


Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that you can contact the following organisations for assistance for emotional and physical abuse.


Office Address: 14/16 Makoko Road, Off Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, Lagos.
Phone No: +234(0)8033065042, 08033387856
E-mail Address:[email protected], [email protected]
Facebook: FIDA Lagos

These organisations are better equipped to deal with issues of domestic violence and the legal support needed, and we suggest that you reach out to them.

Showing 1 result
error: Content is protected !!