Answered Closed

Good Day,

Please can i revert to my maiden name while being married on paper?

If yes, how do i go about it?

Best Answer


Thank you for your question.

Change of name is a personal thing, and not a legal requirement. So after your wedding you may decide to continue using your maiden name. There is no legal obligation to change your maiden name when you get married. Therefore, if after your marriage you decide to revert to your maiden name (after previously changing to your husband’s name) you can do that.

The only issue would be with regard to documentation, you would have to change all your documents like International passport, Drivers Licence, Bank account details etc. to make sure it aligns with your current name.

To find out how to change your name, please read this article here –

We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.

Showing 1 result