02 Jul National Lottery Act 2005
About the Law
This Act of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides for the operation of the national lottery and the establishment of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission charged with responsibility for the regulation of the business of national lottery in Nigeria as well as the establishment of a National Lottery Trust Fund.
Some key provisions:
- Establishes the National Lottery Regulatory Commission and its Governing Board
- Provides the functions of the Commission, including – regulating the business and operation of national lottery in Nigeria; to promote transparency, propriety and integrity in the operation of national lottery in Nigeria etc
- Procedure for the grant of a licence to operate a lottery business
- Duration, restrictions, and revocation of licences
- Application of proceeds of a national lottery
You can read the full provisions of the law here – National Lottery Act 2005
Thank you for reading this post, if you have found it useful please share with your network using one of the share buttons below. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please send us an email at [email protected]
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. This answer is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer. If you would like to find out more about a consultation with one of the lawyers in our network, you can use the free tool below to get an estimate.
How much will my Legal Consultation cost?
Estimate the cost of receiving a consultation with the lawyers in our network
Thanks, we will contact you soon
Please enter your first name
Please enter your email address
Profile of Lawyer
How many years of experience do you want in your lawyer?
Type of Consultation
How would you prefer the consultation to be given?