About the Law
This piece of legislation provides for the establishment of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
Some key provisions include:
- Establishes NITDA and its governing Board
- Provides for the functions, powers, and staffing of the Board
- Establishes the National Information Technology Development Fund
- Provides for the levying of 1% of the profit before tax of certain companies and enterprises enumerated in the Third Schedule to theAct with an annual turnover of N 100million and above
- Provides that the Board may make such regulations as in its opinion are necessary or expedient for giving full effect to the provisions of the Act and for the due administration of its provision.
You can read the full provisions of the Act here –NITDA Act 2007
Thank you for reading this post, we hope you have found it useful. If you have please share with your network using one of the share buttons below.
DO YOU NEED A LAWYER?
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.