13 Jun National Identity Management Commission Act 2007
About the Law
This Act was passed to establish a National Identity Database and the National Identity Management Commission which is charged with the responsibility of maintaining the National database register.
Some key provisions
- Establishes the National Identity Management Commission, and provides for its membership and functions
- Powers of the Commission including requesting for information on data from any persons on matters related to the functions under the Act
- Fund which the Commission must maintain
- Establishment of the National Identity Database
- Objectives and content of the database
- Registration and issuance of multi-purpose national identity cards
- Mandatory use of the national identity cards for certain transactions, including applying for a passport, opening a bank account, payment of taxes etc
You can read the full provisions of the law here – National Identity Management Commission Act 2007
Thank you for reading this post, if you have found it useful please share with your network using one of the share buttons below. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please send us an email at [email protected]
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. This answer is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer. If you would like to find out more about a consultation with one of the lawyers in our network, you can use the free tool below to get an estimate.
How much will my Legal Consultation cost?
Estimate the cost of receiving a consultation with the lawyers in our network
Thanks, we will contact you soon
Please enter your first name
Please enter your email address
Profile of Lawyer
How many years of experience do you want in your lawyer?
Type of Consultation
How would you prefer the consultation to be given?