About the Investment and Securities Act 2007
The Investment and Securities Act is a Nigerian Law that provides a set of new market infrastructures and wide-ranging system for the regulation of investment and securities business in Nigeria.
Some key provisions
- Repeals the Investment and Securities Act 1999
- Establishes the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Regulations on Mergers, Acquisitions, Take-Overs, and Collective Investment Schemes
- Registration and regulation of Capital Market Operators
- Registration and regulation of securities
- Control and regulation of IPOs
You can read the full provisions of the law here – The Investment and Securities Act 2007
Thank you for reading this article, we hope you have found it useful. If you have please share with your network using one of the share buttons below.
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. This answer is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.